The Union Zimbabwe Trust (UZT) supports the national TB-HIV response in Zimbabwe largely through funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS TB and malaria. The position of TB/HIV Officer has arisen within UZT.
The incumbent will be accountable to the Technical Director and will assist in maintaining productive collaboration with officials from the National TB Program (NTP) and National AIDS Program (NAP) in the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC).
- Responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing an integrated TB-HIV-Diabetes Mellitus and Childhood TB intervention package in Zimbabwe, aligned to global best practice.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Technical Director, the TB-HIV Officer will provide overall oversight in;
- Planning, implementation and evaluating Integrated TB-HIV-DM and Childhood TB activities in collaboration with MoHCC staff.
- Periodic targeted mentorship on integrated TB-HIV care at supported project sites in liaison with the relevant MoHCC staff
- Reviewing and validating data from project sites as necessary in liaison with the MoHCC and UZT M&E technical teams.
- Contributing to compilation of timely, quality quarterly and annual reports as per agreed timelines.
- Coordinating periodic engagements between UZT and relevant stakeholders on priority TB-HIV and Childhood TB interventions.
- Facilitation of external technical support missions on TB-HIV and Childhood TB supported interventions.
Qualifications and Experience
- A medical doctor with a public health qualification and at least 5 years of public health practice
- Ability to coordinate health activities such as workshops and field mentorship
- Good command of English, written and oral communication skills
An application letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com not later than Friday the 12th of November 2021.